Introduction to the Framework
The purpose of the Culturally Responsive Framework to Address Gambling Related Harm (herein referred to as the Framework) is to enhance the capacity of the multi-sectorial human service system at the systemic, organisational, professional, and individual levels; to provide appropriate and effective responses that support individuals, families, and communities from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who are experiencing gambling related harm.
An action research approach was adopted to develop the Framework, to:
- strengthen practice knowledge and skills,
- increase service accessibility,
- provide effective and appropriate support and intervention options,
- recommend tools for implementation of the Framework, and
- contribute to the evidence base underpinning best practice programming and service delivery.